Reason Behind This Proposal :
The City of Prophet (SAW), Madinah Al Munawarah is one of the most important cities for Muslim Ummah. People come here from all around the world to perform Umrah and to get spiritual satisfaction as well as inspiration from this blessed and holy place. I have been living and working in this blessed city since August 2003, and had always thought how can I contribute to make lives of locals and pilgrim make easy and comfortable. My main contribution since these 15 years is that I have tried my best and put my all efforts for the quick and smooth check-in / check-out of guests of Allah and Prophet (SAW) in this blessed city by managing and maintaining a good and stable IT infrastructure. My main purpose and priority have always been to make things easy for everyone without discrimination of nationality or cast. As I have noticed, this city has been lacking in the main infrastructure and planning to make the visit and life of people easy with efficient consumption of resources including finance and manpower. I believe this city has to be one of the most developed and beautiful cities of the world to set an example for other Muslim countries. It should have been the world’s cleanest city with the latest technologies and transportation system in the region. So keeping in mind while living in this holy city, roaming around the world for more than 12 countries and 18 old cities with great historical heritage, I have designed a 3D plan with the interactive movie to overcome all the main and basic problems of this city with the concept of the modern circular city with the circular economy. May Allah accept this effort. (Aamin)...
Proposal Details :
This proposal is based on the concept of the “Circularity”. The most futuristic and modern concept as the “Circular City and Circular Economy” has the potential to solve numerous urban challenges which we face on daily basis. This concept is directly linked to the self-sustaining circular economy as well as the quality of life. Through this modern and futuristic design, we can identify and implement opportunities for circularity, which will help in better management and more international business opportunities with good quality of life, peace and security. It can also benefit from new collaborations, creative market opportunities and increased standard of economic living while reducing the city’s environmental impact.
According to several surveys by 2050, 75% of the population will reside in cities. Cities are also a major engine for economic growth, as about 85% of global GDP is generated by cities today. Such rapid growth puts an enormous pressure on urban resources, carrying capacities, and quality of life. Nowadays city planners across the world are being challenged to rethink the way our current urban systems operate, to explore new ways of value creation and optimisation while ensuring long-term prosperity, resource sufficiency, economic viability, and wellbeing in urban centres worldwide.
Creating a circular city is a complex journey involving many organisations, companies, technologies and resources. It is only possible with a great vision, technology and help of urban development experts, which we already have. In order to reconstruct a modern circular city, it is vital to identify and initiate changes in areas at the very beginning stage and it is only possible where there is strong political and economic support. I have deeply studied the topography and architecture of few historical and modern cities and observed the urbanisation procedures through which came to know that all the famous cities were developed on the balanced rules of society with a blend of high mounted skyscrapers and their traditional architecture.
The design of this sacred city is incorporated with lovely green walkways, 4 monumental squares in central region and gardens with fountains around Masjid Al Nabwi Sharif to give totally a new and fresh lively look, keeping in mind all the requirements for Zawar-E-Karam coming to perform their Umrah and Visit this holy city.
The whole city is designed in such a way to operate with the minimum expenditure of energy with conservation using the cleanest environment-friendly technologies available, which will be in harmony with nature to obtain the highest possible standard of living for everyone.
Main Features :
In this proposal, Madinah Al Munawarah Sharif has been divided into radial sectors and circular belts with different zones keeping Masjid-E-Nabwi as a centre of expansion. This concept will not only increase the efficiency of traffic (navigation) and resources but will also contribute to the management of modern urban requirements including geological and technical facilities, sewerage, recycling of materials, complete management of land and infrastructures, energy and proper future planning. If this is accepted then Madinah Al Munawarah will the first Islamic city to initiate the most advance circular concept of urbanisation.
1. This proposal is very dynamic and flexible, keeping in mind the requirements of visitor and residents for more than 50 years;
2. After completion of this proposal, the immediate number of pilgrims will increase to minimum 20 million per year, i.e. minimum 15 million Hujjaj for Umrah and 5 million for hajj.
3. The primary impact of increased number of visitors will be direct increase and circulation of billions of Dollars in the economy and foreign reserves.
4. This project will be done with the contribution of whole Ummah, which will eliminate the burden on local government for initial development expenditures.
5. If this strategy adopted, in the initial stage the new construction sites inside the Masjid-E-Nabwi for prayer area can accommodate more than the same strength of people can be accommodated now. That means it will double to capacity in minimum cost and can be increased at any time by building more upper blocks and floors.
6. I have designed elevated tunnels on all main roads for pedestrian walkways to connect Masjid-E-Nabwi to all surrounding hotels. This will avoid people walking on sunny and hot roads during day and night. These tunnels will be connected to all hotels in all 3 circular zones.
7. Length of each tunnel is more than 1 KM, which mean 15 – 20 minutes walk from hotel till Haram, but in a different interactive way to attract people to use tunnels.
8. These tunnels will be similar to the airport terminals and tunnels with lots of activities and attractions.
9. These covered walking pathways as tunnels and passages will be centrally air-conditioned and will connect each and every building in the area.
10. All tunnels will be marked with geological locations and billboards for visitors to find their way to any specific building, hotel, mall or shop through a mobile app or guided walkways decorated with signs and digital alphanumeric location Ids, readable by all nationalities or mobile phones.
11. All tunnels will have small shops of different kinds to make it more attractive and lively place.
12. The top of tunnels will be used for green grass and small plants on the floor to reduce heat impact and for installations of solar panels, through which we can generate up to 200 MW of electricity only from the top of tunnels, which will be sufficient for inside and outside Masjid-E-Nabwi electrical consumption.
13. The drained drinking, ablution and cleaning water from Masjid will be recycled and treated for irrigation on green belts near Haram Sharif and tunnel tops.
14. Since 1906 this world has not given any famous squares for the public. In this design, there will be 4 mid-size squares as meeting points, which will be fully covered with a fibre class huge roof with central air conditioning system and green belts.
15. The Facade of tunnels and all the public places will have a very close connection with the traditional Islamic architectural art and design.
16. The 1st ring road adjacent to the new boundary of Haram Masjid-E-Nabwi sharif will have only 1-way traffic with minimum 4 lanes for cars and 2 lanes for buses and 1 drop lane with parking.
17. All the roads will have bus lanes, drop lanes, parking lanes and minimum 3 to 5 meters wide walkways and footpaths.
18. All the hotels and buildings will have a connection terminal for the tunnel walkways from their lobby and landing areas, which will make the access easier for the pilgrims to reach Masjid-E-Nabwi.
19. All tunnels will have 8 seater small electric cars for disabled and old aged people.
20. All public areas will be fully monitored and covered with security and emergency equipment.
21. All four sides of Masjid-E-Nabwi will have big food courts and shopping malls with interactive activities to make the visit of pilgrims more memorable.
22. All tunnels will have emergency exits and will follow all internal rules of safety for civil defence.
23. The front side of Haram Sharif from gate 1 till 6 we will build a top class single store 5-star hotel, only for Royal Families VVIP dignitaries, presidents and ministers with full modern security features and facilities, with special level 7 Blast protection glass to view Haram Around the clock.
24. This hotel will have special highly secured transport for VVIPs from Hotel till Haram Sharif to avoid the visibility of movements in public.
25. The first circular zone will have the maximum height level of 100 meters, which will accommodate most of the famous 5-star chain hotels.
26. The second zone will have height level more than 100 and will have all type of hotels from 4 stars to 3-star hotels according to international standards.
27. All hotels will be designed on the latest designs keeping in mind all the safety and security features for the visitors.
28. All famous chain hotel companies will be invited to invest in the central area to make this project more successful.
29. All famous religious sites will be restored to attract more visitors and tourism.
30. Three new huge museums will be constructed for Islamic Art, Evolution of science through Islam and History Of Madinah and Islam.
31. All the areas of Madinah Al Munawarah will be covered by the most advanced and sophisticated metro and monorail.
32. All the famous and historical sites will be connected with the metros and monorails networks.
33. There were be a special station for Haram Sharif to connect the Madinah Airport and Madinah Railway Station, so people can come, visit and travel back easily within a day.
34. A portal will be developed for visitors to apply for all the following service from 1 single website:
a. Umrah Visa
b. Airline Ticket
c. Hotel Booking
d. Transporation Vouchers.
35. A high-class hospital of 50 beds is also designed in this proposal right in front of gate # 6 of Haram Sharif, will all the latest medical facilities with air ambulance.
36. All tunnels will have a small emergency medical centre and dispensary.
37. Medical drones will be used to give immediate medical treatment.
38. A “Diplomatic Enclave” is also designed and kept in this proposal for all the countries to open their international hajj and umrah missions to solve the problems of their respective nationals. These offices can also be used as consulates for consular services also.
39. Administrative offices are right in front of gate number 6.
40. Small washrooms are designed in the tunnels with the ablution facility.
41. All exit tunnels will be connected with washrooms for Haram Sharif and wast landing area like a hall to manage the large crowd.
42. And the list goes on and on.
Results And Benefits :
If this plan implemented , will be proven as a key player and foundation example for all the modern cities and latest religious values, while becoming a hub for all the Muslims in the world. It will be the first ever Islamic city to implement the latest circular urban design. It will be a gift of billions to the Islamic world which will last for ages until end of this world. May Allah accept this effort. (Aamin).
In simple words, it will simplify the life of all, while making visit and stay of pilgrims more memorable with spiritual and religious contentment, satisfaction and happiness with unique experience.