In this proposal, Madinah Al Munawarah Sharif has been divided into radial sectors and circular belts with different zones keeping Masjid-E-Nabwi as a centre of expansion. This concept will not only increase the efficiency of traffic (navigation) and resources but will also contribute to the management of modern urban requirements including geological and technical facilities, sewerage, recycling of materials, complete management of land and infrastructures, energy and proper future planning. If this is accepted then Madinah Al Munawarah will the first Islamic city to initiate the most advance circular concept of urbanisation.
Main Features :
1. This proposal is very dynamic and flexible, keeping in mind the requirements of visitor and residents for more than 50 years;
2. After completion of this proposal, the immediate number of pilgrims will increase to minimum 20 million per year, i.e. minimum 15 million Hujjaj for Umrah and 5 million for hajj.
3. The primary impact of increased number of visitors will be direct increase and circulation of billions of Dollars in the economy and foreign reserves.
4. This project will be done with the contribution of whole Ummah, which will eliminate the burden on local government for initial development expenditures.
5. If this strategy adopted, in the initial stage the new construction sites inside the Masjid-E-Nabwi for prayer area can accommodate more than the same strength of people can be accommodated now. That means it will double to capacity in minimum cost and can be increased at any time by building more upper blocks and floors.
6. I have designed elevated tunnels on all main roads for pedestrian walkways to connect Masjid-E-Nabwi to all surrounding hotels. This will avoid people walking on sunny and hot roads during day and night. These tunnels will be connected to all hotels in all 3 circular zones.
7. Length of each tunnel is more than 1 KM, which mean 15 – 20 minutes walk from hotel till Haram, but in a different interactive way to attract people to use tunnels.
8. These tunnels will be similar to the airport terminals and tunnels with lots of activities and attractions.
9. These covered walking pathways as tunnels and passages will be centrally air-conditioned and will connect each and every building in the area.
10. All tunnels will be marked with geological locations and billboards for visitors to find their way to any specific building, hotel, mall or shop through a mobile app or guided walkways decorated with signs and digital alphanumeric location Ids, readable by all nationalities or mobile phones.
11. All tunnels will have small shops of different kinds to make it more attractive and lively place.
12. The top of tunnels will be used for green grass and small plants on the floor to reduce heat impact and for installations of solar panels, through which we can generate up to 200 MW of electricity only from the top of tunnels, which will be sufficient for inside and outside Masjid-E-Nabwi electrical consumption.
13. The drained drinking, ablution and cleaning water from Masjid will be recycled and treated for irrigation on green belts near Haram Sharif and tunnel tops.
14. Since 1906 this world has not given any famous squares for the public. In this design, there will be 4 mid-size squares as meeting points, which will be fully covered with a fibre class huge roof with central air conditioning system and green belts.
15. The Facade of tunnels and all the public places will have a very close connection with the traditional Islamic architectural art and design.
16. The 1st ring road adjacent to the new boundary of Haram Masjid-E-Nabwi sharif will have only 1-way traffic with minimum 4 lanes for cars and 2 lanes for buses and 1 drop lane with parking.
17. All the roads will have bus lanes, drop lanes, parking lanes and minimum 3 to 5 meters wide walkways and footpaths.
18. All the hotels and buildings will have a connection terminal for the tunnel walkways from their lobby and landing areas, which will make the access easier for the pilgrims to reach Masjid-E-Nabwi.
19. All tunnels will have 8 seater small electric cars for disabled and old aged people.
20. All public areas will be fully monitored and covered with security and emergency equipment.
21. All four sides of Masjid-E-Nabwi will have big food courts and shopping malls with interactive activities to make the visit of pilgrims more memorable.
22. All tunnels will have emergency exits and will follow all internal rules of safety for civil defence.
23. The front side of Haram Sharif from gate 1 till 6 we will build a top class single store 5-star hotel, only for Royal Families VVIP dignitaries, presidents and ministers with full modern security features and facilities, with special level 7 Blast protection glass to view Haram Around the clock.
24. This hotel will have special highly secured transport for VVIPs from Hotel till Haram Sharif to avoid the visibility of movements in public.
25. The first circular zone will have the maximum height level of 100 meters, which will accommodate most of the famous 5-star chain hotels.
26. The second zone will have height level more than 100 and will have all type of hotels from 4 stars to 3-star hotels according to international standards.
27. All hotels will be designed on the latest designs keeping in mind all the safety and security features for the visitors.
28. All famous chain hotel companies will be invited to invest in the central area to make this project more successful.
29. All famous religious sites will be restored to attract more visitors and tourism.
30. Three new huge museums will be constructed for Islamic Art, Evolution of science through Islam and History Of Madinah and Islam.
31. All the areas of Madinah Al Munawarah will be covered by the most advanced and sophisticated metro and monorail.
32. All the famous and historical sites will be connected with the metros and monorails networks.
33. There were be a special station for Haram Sharif to connect the Madinah Airport and Madinah Railway Station, so people can come, visit and travel back easily within a day.
34. A portal will be developed for visitors to apply for all the following service from 1 single website:
a. Umrah Visa
b. Airline Ticket
c. Hotel Booking
d. Transporation Vouchers.
35. A high-class hospital of 50 beds is also designed in this proposal right in front of gate # 6 of Haram Sharif, will all the latest medical facilities with air ambulance.
36. All tunnels will have a small emergency medical centre and dispensary.
37. Medical drones will be used to give immediate medical treatment.
38. A “Diplomatic Enclave” is also designed and kept in this proposal for all the countries to open their international hajj and umrah missions to solve the problems of their respective nationals. These offices can also be used as consulates for consular services also.
39. Administrative offices are right in front of gate number 6.
40. Small washrooms are designed in the tunnels with the ablution facility.
41. All exit tunnels will be connected with washrooms for Haram Sharif and wast landing area like a hall to manage the large crowd.
42. And the list goes on and on.